"My father would tell me..."
How many times haven't we heard that from our own parents? How many words of wisdom have been passed along in this way from one generation to the next? And though you might have rolled your eyes when that quote was coming, you couldn't help but retain some for your own use.
And then there were those lessons that were never spoken; those you learned just by watching them. Seeing how they live(d) their lives, how they interact(ed) with the people around them and what their hopes were.
These are things you'll carry with you, like a torch, to light the way of those who'll come after you.
The Things My Parents Taught Me List
- "You can be a millionaire, but if you have no friends you're still poor."
- "You're #1 so take care of yourself first. If you don't, then how can you care for somebody else?"
- "Your body is like a car. You have to fill up the tank, take it in for a tune-up and check the oils."
- Always give back when you have the chance.
- Never stop learning.
- In order to get respect, you must give respect.
- Smile, laugh, eat, play, enjoy life