Sunday, March 1, 2009
A Few of My Favorite Things: Beauty
I thought I'd share some of my beauty must-haves! Some are new discoveries, but most have been my tried and trues for ages now - products I know I can turn to for good results.
1. Skintimate Moisturizing Shave Gel in Raspberry Rain: I've been using this same shaving gel for ages. Infused with Vitamin E, it leaves my skin super smooth!
2. Clear & Clear Continuous Control Acne Cleanser: My combination skin can be problematic so there are only a few products that I trust to put on my face. I find this one really keeps my acne under control without drying it out too much. I switch it up with Neutrogena Fresh Foaming Cleanser when I wear makeup.
3. Olay Body Wash plus Crème Ribbons: I seriously cannot stop smelling or touching my skin after I shower with this. It's so yummy and makes your skin velvety soft.
4. Dove Gentle Exfoliating Beauty Body Wash: Dove had been my go-to bar soap for my dry skin so when I started using body wash naturally I went with this one. I switch between Dove and Olay because I like them both!
5. Dove Curl & Sculpt Defining Mousse: I usually add this after my leave-in for extra frizz protection. I love that it doesn't leave my curls flaky and crunchy- even when I go overboard.
6. Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisture for Combination Skin: This lotion is so light, it doesn't make my T-zone oily, but it's enough to keep my dry cheeks moisturized. The SPF 15 is slightly thicker, but also good.
7. Jergens Soothing Aloe Relief Skin Comforting Moisturizer: Another staple of mine. Though I'll always associate Jergens with its original cherry-almond scent, this one packs a punch. I even keep a small bottle at work to soften up my hands after every wash.
8. Aveeno Skin Relief Moisturizing Lotion: But over the last few months, my skin has taken a serious beating with the freezing temps, indoor heating and hot showers. So I turned to Aveeno to nurse it back to health. It did the trick in a matter of days and I've been using this one right after showers ever since. It locks in the moisture and I don't have to reapply throughout the day. No more itching or scratching! I just might switch on over to Aveeno for its body washes.
9. Victoria's Secret Beauty Rush Lip Gloss in Candy Baby: I'm a lip gloss (and Chapstick Cherry lip balm) girl through and through and I like that I don't have to keep reapplying this one every five seconds. It really lasts and makes my lips all pretty and shiny! A plus since I rarely wear any other type of makeup.
10. Essie Nail Polish: These little bottles are so cutie-petutie and their names are pretty cool. I'm partial to "E-nuff is E-nuff" and "My Way." I think I was on an "I'm awesome" trip when I bought those.
11. Mark Flip For It Color Kit in Tokyo: Major perk from my job: free samples! The beauty director tested this palette on me and found that it compliments my skin tone perfectly. So I can mix and match or use each color separately.
12. Neutrogena Weightless Volume Wax-Free Mascara in Rich Black: Another perk: getting expert advice from people who know about this stuff. The beauty director suggested this mascara after Maybelline's formula kept making my eyes sting. I could put this one on forever and it never gets clumpy or messy. I do want to find something a little more dramatic though. My eyelashes are long, but I could use a little more volume.
13. Garnier Fructis Hydra-Curls: It might be cheap, but works wonders nonetheless. My curls tangle like nobody's business, but with this conditioner I manage to keep some hair on my head after I'm done combing through. And the smell...oh man :)
14. Bumble and bumble Curl Conscious: When I feel like splurging and treating my tresses to some fancy TLC, I use this line. The shampoo is so light, but leaves your hair feeling clean without leaving all that soapy residue so no droopy curls! I use a ton of conditioner so I opt for cheap stuff just because I go through it so quickly, but their leave-in creme rocks. My hair is all bouncy and soft after I use it. Speaking of which, I need to stock up.
So there you have it! Clearly I'm all about smooth skin and smelling delicious (without ever wearing perfume). Looks like I have quite a bit, but I still need to work on the makeup collection - then maybe I'd be tempted to wear it more often.
So what are your beauty must-haves?