This is going to be short and quick because it's late and I'm tired.
1. My weekend was long and uncomfortably hot.
2. The bro and I finally made it back to my place around 8 PM where we watched Role Models and he ate popcorn, crackers, cream cheese, candy and drank like half a gallon of apple juice. Beast.
3. I introduced him to Arrested Development and he liked.
4. Bedtime was 1 AM.
5. Toby, the furry little kill joy, begged to differ. He barked until 3:30 AM. I damn near flung myself out the window.
6. As I laid in bed trying to drown out the noise, I realized that there was no way I could ever have another sleepover. Not unless the person sleeps with me. What a waste of a perfectly good IKEA sofabed.
7. Woke up four hours later. Still wanted to kill myself.
8. Because I really needed to pick up a package at a UPS store, Dad and I passed up our Park Ave trip to drive to the middle of nowhere instead. It took about an hour to get there.
9. Apparently UPS is not feeling the recession because they were closed. On a Saturday.
10. Spent the rest of the day with Dad and bro at Dad's store. Then I passed by Mom's for a bit (and food).
11. My mood took a dip Saturday night so I just jumped in the shower and headed to bed.
12. I didn't move or wake up until the following morning.
13. The New York International Gift Fair was quite a bit to handle. It was just too much! I spent three hours on one floor alone and I didn't even talk to every exhibitor (that would've been impossible.) I nearly fainted ten times and by the fifth hour I just wanted to leave.
14. So I did.
15. But not before grabbing 20 lbs-worth of catalogs, press kits, business cards and brochures.
16. Oh and my calling cards? They got some compliments :)
(OK, so maybe it wasn't sooo quick.)
P.S. This knife holder totally caught my eye at the fair. Apparently it's called The Ex. Scary...
But I did meet the guy who created Magnetic Poetry, Anne Taintor and about 5,000 other people I cannot remember right now.