Just some thoughts I jotted down as I ate lunch last Saturday and took in the beautiful scenery...
- The wind has died down a bit, but the breeze is still carrying in the salty smell of the ocean. The pool area is peppered with the most vibrant shade of blue. And just beyond, I can see streaks of foamy white bobbing along the rough Pacific.
- A million thanks to my parents for raising me in Spanish. It's incredible to be able to break down that barrier and seamlessly chat it up with the locals. Must practice my French and Italian.
- Waiters will still flirt with a girl dining alone. As I'm writing, they come up to me and ask, "Are you writing to your boyfriend?" They think they're slick. I wonder if it's mostly Latinos who are this bold. I must test this out in other parts of the world.*
- Funny how this restaurant is playing American lite FM. Because, you know, nothing says Mexico like acoustic Lisa Loeb and Elton John. Hellooo, where's my Luis Miguel and Pepe Aquilar?
- You know those moments when you look around you, wonder, "How on Earth did I get here?" and realize that life is funny, crazy and amazing? I just had one of those.
*I'm off to St. Lucia in the morning...