Cheers to the freakin' weekend! Tonight I'm heading out to a chill party at a bar and hopefully getting some relaxation in before A. and I celebrate being together for two years on Sunday. Two years that have been worth every laugh, fight, and lesson learned. And by celebrate, it means we'll probably cozy up, stay away from the cold, and do our own nothingness in each other's company.
Here are some fun links to entertain you until Monday. See you then!
1. Anthology's Winter Gift Guide.
2. Sixteen cheerful giveaways and discount codes courtesy of Bright.Bazaar.
3. A treehouse in Brooklyn.
4. Mini foods to serve your party guests.
5. The meaning of the word dakishimete.
6. Washi tape-inspired gift wrap and ornament ideas.
7. Watercolored confetti.
8. DIY Cathrineholm candle holders.
9. Twenty-five unscripted scenes in films. How many have you seen?
I also write for BET.com. Here are some entertainment and lifestyle news from the past month.
Essence's Editor-at-Large and style expert Mikki Taylor talks about her new book and tips for the holidays.
Lady Gaga to launch the Born This Way Foundation.
A chat with Chef Roblé Ali who's set to star in a new Bravo show.
Magic Johnson announces plans to open new HIV/AIDS treatment centers on World AIDS Day (yesterday).
Fall and winter gardening tips.
First Ladies' gowns return to the Smithsonian.
Images: anthologymag.com, brightbazaar.blogspot.com, nytimes.com, blog.myweddingreceptionideas.com, makeshiftwords.blogspot.com, thesweetestoccasion.com, ohhappyday.com, and howaboutorange.blogspot.com