Wednesday, October 17, 2012
Goodie Bag: Welcome to New York City
The goodie bag was made from an MTA subway map using Jessica's instructions on How About Orange. A few years ago I grabbed a bunch of maps and banged out these bags, but then didn't have anything to put inside...until now. Aside from a handmade notecard I watercolored and inked in taxicab yellow and black, below are a few ideas on what you could use for a Welcome to New York City Goodie Bag.
DIY gift bag made out of a subway map
2. I Heart New York mini journal from Pearl River Mart to jot down city finds
3. Enormous Champion "I'll leave a light on" letterpress card
4. MTA subway map postcard from the Museum of Modern Art Store
5. $20 Metrocard
6. Passes to Tatzu Nishi's Discovering Columbus public art installation or other cool exhibits
7. Museum of Modern Art acrylic luggage tag
8. I Heart NY bear keychain from Pearl River Mart
9. Blue Q Nest Egg coin purse to store change and cards
To fuel walks around the city, I also added individual packets of Berkley & Jensen Gourmet Trail Mix and Ocean Spray Pomegranate Craisins, which came in so handy in between meals.